Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Who's Affected Me In Life...?

I've been asked to share something or someone who has heavily influenced me in my life.  This is a rather sensitive topic to me that I don't typically like to share with a lot of people, but I have no shame in it.  I guess my feelings for this person are just so strong that I can't help but become overwhelmed whenever I try to express how much they mean to me.

The person in question is my grandfather.  He's made such a huge imprint on my life, even though he was only by my side for thirteen and a half years.  I seriously cannot even begin to describe how much he means to me or how much he's done for me.

That man^ That man right there. He's helped make me who I am today.

He taught me about the importance of being honest and kind to people who you don't even know, and to the people who treat you like dirt.  I admit, I slip up every once in a while, as do most people.  But I try my hardest to never deliberately degrade or insult someone.  He had a rough life growing up, one that he wouldn't often talk too much about, but the stories he did tell me have made me so thankful for everything I have today.  He's made me thankful for the amazing, loving family I have.  He's made me thankful for my good health.  He's made me thankful for all of friends and everyone around me.

But he also made me realize that nothing lasts forever.  Not in this life, at least.

I miss him.  I miss him a lot.  I miss him more than I could ever begin to explain.  But I know he's still with me, he's still watching over me, and most importantly, he still loves me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this beautiful part of yourself...I am so moved right now.

    ReplyDelete